Morbidelli retrofit with Vickers drives and DC servos

More
29 Aug 2017 18:30 - 29 Aug 2017 20:07 #98160 by bevins
We have these Vickers AZE-CC4Q servo drives with little info on them.

I have some pages of manuals but there is not alot of info. What I can see is it has +-10 velocity control and it says tach but the actual DC Servos has incremental encoders. the manual only show one wire per axis out for position. Should I put a board in between the encoder and drive to split the signal, one side go to 7i77 and the other to the drive.

/EDIT Or will this work like single ended encoders back to the 7i77?

I will attach the manual.

Thanks,
Last edit: 29 Aug 2017 20:07 by bevins.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2017 18:30 #98161 by bevins

We have these Vickers AZE-CC4Q servo drives with little info on them.

I have some pages of manuals but there is not alot of info. What I can see is it has +-10 velocity control and it says tach but the actual DC Servos has incremental encoders. the manual only show one wire per axis out for position. Should I put a board in between the encoder and drive to split the signal, one side go to 7i77 and the other to the drive.

I will attach the manual.

Thanks,

Attachments:

More
30 Aug 2017 23:08 #98243 by andypugh
Do you know if the original installation was using the encoder to create a simulated Tacho signal? Or perhaps the drives were being used in torque mode?

More
31 Aug 2017 12:37 #98280 by bevins
I don't know if they were being used in torque mode. I don't know how I could tell. The control has been removed.

I can use either an encoder splitter or try and use the output as single ended encoders with the 7i77.

Dont know yet.

Another option is to change out the drives for 170 volt dc servo drives. the only ones I saw are step and direction though....

More
02 Sep 2017 19:47 #98387 by andypugh
I think that some people have managed to use an analogue output from LinuxCNC as a simulated tachometer signal.
It's hard to know if the original controller did something similar.

More
02 Sep 2017 21:57 #98393 by bevins
These have a tach on th emotir and an encoder. The differential encoders went directly to the control so we are set.

Ordered the Mesa cards from John late last week.

More
20 Feb 2019 01:36 #126803 by marvelcabs
How did you go with your setup and the Mesa Cards? I have a Morbidelli Author 502 which uses these servos. The controller died a couple of years ago and the machine has just been sitting there collecting dust.

Have been looking into the Mesa cards also, however have little to noidea what to do in regards to interfacing from the Mesa card to the servos.

More
26 Feb 2019 21:14 #127191 by andypugh
Maybe start a new thread asking specific questions about your machine?
The following user(s) said Thank You: marvelcabs

More
28 Jul 2019 12:51 #140797 by Rapmac
I am attempting a similar retrofit. Have you perhaps got any wiring diagram for the drive and 7i77?

More
29 Jul 2019 04:32 #140860 by marvelcabs
I've got nothing. Would love to see it done though. wiring up to and tuning to servos seems to be the hardest part, has put me off the task a little.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds