ntfs unprivileged user

More
10 Feb 2018 05:56 #105693 by Omnis
ntfs unprivileged user was created by Omnis
So I have questions.

#1. I noticed there Is no root access by default,can any one point me in the direction how to get root?
#2 By default NTFS can not be mounted because "unprivileged user", how do I bypass?
#3 can any one point me in the direction of how to config this with a Gecko g540 driver?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2018 15:04 #105708 by Todd Zuercher
I'd have to look up the exact command. But what you need to do is logout, login as root, then add your username to the sudo group. Something like groups -a -G sudo username. Then you can do sudo commands.

More
11 Feb 2018 05:26 #105733 by InMyDarkestHour
/etc/sudoers also needs modifying..........but root privilege is required to do so

I hope this post isn't fishing for info to get access to a windows box they shouldn't have.

Use the config wizzard for the parallel port with the pin allocations for the G540.

More
27 Feb 2018 16:54 - 27 Feb 2018 16:54 #106631 by stioc
Replied by stioc on topic ntfs unprivileged user
#1 type "sudo su" in the Terminal window, this will prompt you for your current password. After that it will give you the root privs. I changed the password and then subsequently I login using root. This is not recommended...but I've been a unix guy for 20yrs so old habits die hard.

#2 not sure what you mean here. I haven't done this yet as I'm just getting started with linuxcnc but I'd download filezilla on the windows PC and copy files to/from the windows box to the linuxcnc computer using sftp. Filezilla makes it drag/drop simple.

#3 I thought it was one of the drivers in the drop down, no? if not, the drivers seem to work well within any reasonable range. Unless you're having specific issues?
Last edit: 27 Feb 2018 16:54 by stioc.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds