Chinese CNC 3020 / 6040 - USB variant

More
23 Jan 2020 21:16 #155574 by tommylight
Again, there is an option for Linuxcnc to send data to an arduino via USB, i am sure the User DaBit made it work, and i am sure there is another thread in German about the same thing Linuxcnc to arduino via USB and Lan.
Back on the issue of using Linuxcnc to send data to GRBL, the closest i can think of is like using a thermonuclear bomb to spat flies..... that are located at a different continent !
Linuxcnc can control almost anything, from a pen ploter made with CD rom drives to 25 Ton industrial machines.
GRBL is made to work with very limited resources provided by Arduino, hence it is very limited at what it can do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2020 13:35 #155903 by andypugh

just out of curiosity what signal is sent to mesa cards over lan, possibly a serial string.

If you really want to know, the Mesa card manuals tell you:
www.mesanet.com/pdf/parallel/7i92man.pdf
Look at the "LBP16" protocol specification.

In effect the control is much like modbus, but binary. Addresses on the FPGA are set to values to achieve results, and results are read back from register addresses.

It looks nothing like G-code. It is at a much lower level, and is updated every 1mS, on the millisecond tick.

More
27 Jan 2020 13:37 #155904 by andypugh

Of course they are but I said a milling machine controlling a lathe so imagine these two big machines with one trying to control the other.

How about a G-code controlled robot arm typing G-code in to the MDI window? That would at least work :-)

More
27 Jan 2020 13:40 #155905 by andypugh

OK, so just supposing the devs were willing to entertain the idea of a USB driver, what hardware are you proposing they write one for?

There is one candidate: store.mesanet.com/index.php?route=produc...ct_id=70&search=7i43

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds