Post processor question

More
31 Mar 2018 22:40 #108189 by allenwg2005
Hello folks,

I need some direction on an issue that I ran into.

I am using Autodesk Fusion 360 for my CAD/CAM software, they have a probing feature that would be really helpful to make use of.

When I post out with the LCNC post supported there, the probing code will not generate.
The forum over there suggests the post will not support probing.

Can anyone help with this here?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2018 20:12 #108226 by Sparky961
Replied by Sparky961 on topic Post processor question
I don't have a full solution for you, but if you know the post processor primitives to look for (likely in the documentation) and what this needs to generate for the machine (also should be easy to locate) then it isn't hard to modify these posts.

It raises the big question of "why" though. I suppose if you were needing to reorient a part during production, but this doesn't seem like the most useful thing for home user one-offs.

More
01 Apr 2018 21:37 #108230 by allenwg2005
Replied by allenwg2005 on topic Post processor question
For me playing with posts would likely be a long drawn out and possibly messy adventure.

To answer your question, I would like to do two sided machining and to be able to confirm accurate locations for machining on previously machined parts.
I don't suppose it's all that needful.

More
01 Apr 2018 22:13 #108232 by Sparky961
Replied by Sparky961 on topic Post processor question
I hate to reply with a diverted answer, but I suspect you'd have an easier time just using an edge finder on two edges or an indicator on a round feature.

More
03 Apr 2018 12:33 #108300 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Post processor question
I use Fusion a fair bit, and my approach is to set the machining origin at the middle of the reference hole in the CAM and then use the hole-probe routine to set the machine to the same reference before running the generated G-code.

probe-hole.ngc is in the sample ngc files of every LinuxCNC installation.
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master...files/probe-hole.ngc
The following user(s) said Thank You: allenwg2005

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds