homing internal driver AC servo?

More
20 Jul 2018 07:47 #114565 by thang
Hi,

I'm using a HC-KFS13 motor with MR-J2S-10A driver, i want to control this motor by step/dir pulse system. as i see i can setup home position for driver but dont know how to return home for motor, there is only one signal "INP" to know when motor is in home position.I suppose i should use this signal like a home button, right?

If anyone has experience about Mitsubishi AC servo can help me?
Here is the driver's manual:
dl.mitsubishielectric.com/dl/fa/document...030006/sh030006j.pdf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2018 14:44 #114708 by andypugh
In a step-dir LinuxCNC system you don't need (or want) to home the drive.

More
25 Jul 2018 02:15 #114787 by thang
actuatly i want to use absolute encoder of Mitsubishi driver. The home return is describe in section 15.7.3 but i dont really understand it.

If it possible i would like to use abs encoder and homing inside driver and then i can use a simple controller instead of linuxcnc also SSCII protocol

More
25 Jul 2018 23:39 #114847 by dm17ry
no experience with MR-J2S-A drives, but as far as i understand all the "15.7.3 Home position setting" operations are really doing is writing current motor position counters (which are named "LS" - full rev count and "1X" - with 1-rev pos on picture 15.1.1) into parameter EEPROM as "LS0" and "1X0". after that when the controller requests absolute position data (15.7.1) the drive returns current motor position subtracted with home position (LS-LS0, 1X-1X0).

so if you want to use absolute position you'll need to use that cumbersome protocol 15.7.1 to request the motor position and pass it to linuxcnc
The following user(s) said Thank You: thang

More
30 Jul 2018 00:02 #115096 by andypugh
_If_ you can get the absolute position in to HAL then LinuxCNC can work with it.

See HOME_ABSOLUTE_ENCODER
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/config/ini-...t__lt_num_gt_section
The following user(s) said Thank You: thang

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds