Acceleration not high enough?

More
25 Jul 2018 14:16 #114802 by bevins
It is taking about 1 foot to get up to speed. There is going to be no load as this will be a plasma.
I just would like your opinion if I should bump up the accel or not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2018 14:56 - 25 Jul 2018 14:58 #114804 by tommylight
What do you intend to cut with it ?
For 5mm and above, the 500 to 700 should do just fine, under that you would need above 700 to be able to get nice corners. That is mm/s/s.
300 is usable from 3mm and above but you have to use G64 P0.x Q0.x where x is the amount of tolerance from the exact path.
Last edit: 25 Jul 2018 14:58 by tommylight. Reason: added more

More
25 Jul 2018 15:20 #114807 by bevins

What do you intend to cut with it ?
For 5mm and above, the 500 to 700 should do just fine, under that you would need above 700 to be able to get nice corners. That is mm/s/s.
300 is usable from 3mm and above but you have to use G64 P0.x Q0.x where x is the amount of tolerance from the exact path.

It will be a plasma, so, dont really need really high rapids. I will limit rapids to 650, and at 300 ipm, it ramps up nicely and fast.

It stalled at 960 once. So I will limit at 650.

Thanks,

Bob

More
25 Jul 2018 21:53 #114840 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Acceleration not high enough?
Bevins looking nice. I just checked my config for my NEMA 34's with 5:1 reduction on the Y axis (metric) and have
[AXIS_Y]
MAX_VELOCITY = 360
MAX_ACCELERATION = 1500

Metric of course. Velocity equates to about 850 inch/min; Acceleration 59 in/sec/sec.

At one stage, I had a dial indicator against the top of the gantry looking for flex under acceleration as I came up with these. I seem to remember that I wanted to be over 900 mm/sec/sec based on feedback from Tommy a long time ago.

More
25 Jul 2018 22:16 #114841 by bevins

Bevins looking nice. I just checked my config for my NEMA 34's with 5:1 reduction on the Y axis (metric) and have
[AXIS_Y]
MAX_VELOCITY = 360
MAX_ACCELERATION = 1500

Metric of course. Velocity equates to about 850 inch/min; Acceleration 59 in/sec/sec.

At one stage, I had a dial indicator against the top of the gantry looking for flex under acceleration as I came up with these. I seem to remember that I wanted to be over 900 mm/sec/sec based on feedback from Tommy a long time ago.

That looks kind of slow. What speeds you cutting with?

Also, is thcad working properly in Lcnc? Because i see alot of people scrambling working on development in connectioen to,plasma thc etc.... just wondering if i need to look at another option.

More
26 Jul 2018 00:49 #114849 by bevins
5i25 mesa card in a 1 u rack server.
3 ghz xeon dual core.

Attachments:

More
26 Jul 2018 03:00 #114853 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Acceleration not high enough?

Also, is thcad working properly in Lcnc? Because i see alot of people scrambling working on development in connectioen to,plasma thc etc.... just wondering if i need to look at another option.

Yes the thcad with the THCAD component will work fine or use Tommy's Proma config.

We've just we've been trying to push the boundaries in an experimental way with plasma to build a better linuxcnc mouse trap.

I think my max speed is 21 metres/min. I never actually tested it out but that seemed fast enough as not much needs > 6 m/min.

Your 5i25 was a pretty wild hack :) could you have used a right angle header to lay it down?

More
26 Jul 2018 04:36 #114855 by bevins

Yes the thcad with the THCAD component will work fine or use Tommy's Proma config.

We've just we've been trying to push the boundaries in an experimental way with plasma to build a better linuxcnc mouse trap.

I think my max speed is 21 metres/min. I never actually tested it out but that seemed fast enough as not much needs > 6 m/min.

Your 5i25 was a pretty wild hack :) could you have used a right angle header to lay it down?

It has a slot for a sideways pci riser but I didnt feel like researching it.

More
26 Jul 2018 04:45 #114856 by bevins
Im doing a control panel for the plasma. What buttons are needed for a plasma?

Time to create page: 0.300 seconds