Weird Z Axis Limit trip

More
30 Aug 2018 05:57 #116837 by archfitters
I can not figure this out. First please understand I am very limited on my knowledge of LinuxCnC. This machines has been running great for 5 years until now. I can not get this arrow off the Z axis which stops me from doing any thing. I only have one limit switch per axis and have "HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS" set in the ini. This has worked for years. If you look at my photo below, the hal config will actually show that the limit switch is working fine. The other two axis have the same behavior with the hal config viewer, except the arrow goes away after the limit is released. Since the Hal config displays the light is going on and off with the clicking of the limit switch, I believe the hardware is working fine. Any one have an idea what to try?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Aug 2018 09:08 #116840 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Weird Z Axis Limit trip
You are looking at the Zhome signal. This could be working fine while the important pin, axis.2.neg-lim-sw-in is not being triggered correctly.

Add axis.2.neg-lim-sw-in to the watch tab and ensure that the Zhome signal and the actual software input pin are connected.
Can you attach your HAL files?

More
30 Aug 2018 12:00 #116844 by archfitters
Replied by archfitters on topic Weird Z Axis Limit trip
I can add the axis.2.neg-lim-sw-in to the watch tab when I get to work. Are you sure this input is used even though I have "HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS" in the config? I will also send you the Hal file later. I really appreciate you response.

More
30 Aug 2018 13:22 #116852 by andypugh
HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS is only active while the machine is homing, and only while the specific axis that the limit switch is connected to is homing.

You could try ticking the "ignore limits" box and homing only the Z axis.

You will get this problem if the final home position is still on the switch.

More
30 Aug 2018 13:58 #116860 by archfitters
I can home the Z after selecting the ignore limit switch. I am going to work soon to try what you suggested first. Could explain why it will home then throw the error after it completes the home.

More
30 Aug 2018 16:17 #116880 by archfitters
OK that is the problem , axis.2.neg-lim-sw-in is not reading the voltage. The IO board seems to be bad for that input. Currently the limit input is jump to all three inputs since I only have one limit switch. Could I just change the Hal input value to the same number as the zhome input which is working?

More
30 Aug 2018 16:23 #116881 by andypugh

OK that is the problem , axis.2.neg-lim-sw-in is not reading the voltage. The IO board seems to be bad for that input.

I think it is too soon to conclude that. You seemed to indicate that the ZHome signal was responding to the limit switch?

Can you attach the HAL file so that we know what is connected to what?

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds