Motor Jittering 7i76e

More
31 Aug 2018 17:18 #116919 by jackdavies
Hi guys,

Setup my 7i76e card a few days ago, however I seam to be having some issues with the stepper driver settings.

I am using the DM542 driver and found a few different examples of settings e.g here - forum.linuxcnc.org/16-stepconf-wizard/29...configuration-dm542a

However my problem is that the motors run fine, until they stop, where they move back and forth kind of vibrating. The DRO in LCNC also moves back and forth by about 0.1mm which seems like its sending those pulses to the motor.

Am I missing something in the config here? Microstepping seams to reduce the problem a little but I would like to fix the source rather than just mask the problem.

Thanks, Jack

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2018 17:28 #116921 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Motor Jittering 7i76e
If you used pncconf to set this up, you will need to edit the hal file and delete all the
setp pid.N.maxerror= 0.0005 statements. Pncconf has a bug with metric configs...
The following user(s) said Thank You: jackdavies

More
01 Sep 2018 10:52 #116944 by jackdavies
Replied by jackdavies on topic Motor Jittering 7i76e
Thanks for the super quick reply PCW!

I just tried removing the lines from the hal file, and the problem still remained.

However I tried making a fresh config with inches which worked fine and then changed it to mm and it seems to work fine now!

Thanks for the heads up!

Time to create page: 0.253 seconds