preguntas sobre 5axis bridgemill configuración

More
06 Aug 2020 00:33 #177447 by OT-CNC
JDS,

Did you get this worked out?
I'm about to embark on a rotating and tilting spindle 5 axis xyzbc srt gantry project. Where do I start with twin Y motors?
It looks like the xyzac−trt−kins are crossed out in the kins docs and 5axiskins − 5 Axis bridge mill is single Y.
I have been reading over the many docs and most seem to cover tilting table arrangements.
The last image with no further info is what I want to do, figure 11 except with YY, found in this doc:
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/motion/5-axis-kinematics.html
Do I need to move to master branch (I'm on 2.8) ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2020 00:51 #177451 by JDS
Unfortunately no. We have moved since then and I haven't been able to finalize the project and test it out. I hope you get yours going and if so it would be awesome to hear about.

More
06 Aug 2020 01:52 #177454 by OT-CNC
JDS,

Thanks for the response. Will do.

I will need a bit more guidance from the experts...

More
06 Aug 2020 02:41 #177459 by JDS
I wish I could help more, but I am no expert lol. The folks on here can be pretty helpful. Try posting your questions on a new thread.

More
06 Aug 2020 09:26 #177482 by andypugh

Do I need to move to master branch (I'm on 2.8) ?

As far as I know there are no important differences in this regard between 2.8 and master.

I am not clear what you mean about xyzac−trt−kins being crossed-out.

Try running the sample simulator config sim/axis/vismach/5axis/bridgemill which should be a lot like your machine.

That uses this kinematics:
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master...nematics/5axiskins.c

Which does not, as it stands, support a double Y axis. But it is a very simple change to make it do so. (You just need to add an extra joint and, in the kins, make it take the same value as its twin)

Or, you could connect the Y axis motor command to two separate stepgens. But the modified kins is the better way.

More
06 Aug 2020 13:51 #177508 by OT-CNC
Hi Andy,

It was crossed out in this document (near the bottom):

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/man/man9/kins.9.html

I did play with the bridgemill sample. What is the W axis for? Docs refer to co linear. I can't jog it to see what it represents.

More
06 Aug 2020 14:18 #177509 by andypugh

It was crossed out in this document (near the bottom):
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/man/man9/kins.9.html

Possibly a rendering error?

I did play with the bridgemill sample. What is the W axis for? Docs refer to co linear. I can't jog it to see what it represents.

I don't understand the JW _joint_. The W _axis_ would be to allow easy jogging / movement along the tool axis for drilling operations.

More
15 Aug 2020 19:53 #178320 by choqui2010
Hi Andy, sorry if this does not go into this topic but I have a little problem with the tool length compensation, the 5axiskins kinematics does not have an option where to add it to part of the pivot length.
please help

More
15 Aug 2020 20:04 #178321 by andypugh
If you set up the tool table with the correct tool lengths (probably in the W column, so that the XYZ position is not compensated erroneously) then I think you could
net pivot-length halui.tool.length−offset.w => 5axiskins.pivot-length

The length would have to be the total offset of the tool-tip from the pivot point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: choqui2010

More
16 Aug 2020 00:25 #178338 by choqui2010
thank you.
How can I contact you apart from this medium?

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds