PCI card

More
30 Jan 2019 16:14 #125303 by daxur666
PCI card was created by daxur666
Good Day

I had a problem with the parallel port in my computer, the "Status" pins that I was using for the limit switches are not working anymore, so to solve this issue I want to use a PCI card, I've been reading that it is a good option when you want to add I/O for the machine, but what I want is use that as port 1, not as a second port, Can somebody tell me if is possible to use a PCI card and in the Stepconfig use as Port 1?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2019 20:23 #125331 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic PCI card
If you're pc has multiple parallel ports, you can use any of the ports in any order you choose. It doesn't matter how they are connected as long as it's not by usb.

More
01 Feb 2019 17:41 #125484 by daxur666
Replied by daxur666 on topic PCI card
Thank you for answering, the PCI card worked fine, in my computer the port number for the stepconfig was 0xec00.

In a different subject, what does "net xenable axis.0.amp-enable-out => stepgen.0.enable" do?

More
01 Feb 2019 19:59 - 01 Feb 2019 20:19 #125488 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic PCI card
Net x enable is a name for defining a link
Between axis enable and stepgen enable.

The axis amp is maybe the enable the drive signal (enable stepperdrive or enable servo drive). When this is enabled is says the stepgen may also be enabled or visa versa. Stepgen is stepgenerator. In your case stepgen 0 is i think joint 0.

An other view with the same output is :
net xenable       axis.0.amp-enable-out       stepgen.0.enable 
Or
net xenable       stepgen.0.enable               axis.0.amp-enable-out       
Or
net x-test          axis.0.amp-enable-out       stepgen.0.enable 
Etc.

But the x-enable is often later on used in your hal file. So when changing to x-test, you will have to change all the rest of
xenable into x-test.
Last edit: 01 Feb 2019 20:19 by Grotius.

Time to create page: 0.592 seconds