Other bodies in Brisbane AUS

More
15 Mar 2019 02:30 - 15 Mar 2019 02:31 #128629 by ant0ny
Hey I am wondering if there is anyone in Brisbane that might have some time to have a look at my setup and maybe help or advise on how to finish it.

I have a MicroProtoSystems 2000HD/LE (TAIG 2000).

I am a SheetMetal Worker by Trade but only ever worked in "one off" and prototyping here in Oz and in the UK. I have experience using CNC/Manual Lathes/Mills etc but always had someone telling we feed and speeds etc.

What I have to offer... well I live in a cool place Camp Mountain or Samford, which brings people out for great coffee stops and a "little country".

I have a CNC Router running on MASSO with a 1300x1300 bed, which is a nice machine from Ben at 3DTek.

I have 6x 3D Printers all either built or modded by myself... this is actually half of what I do, I design and build 3D Printers from scratch... the other half of what I do is product development/design and prototyping/concept/manufacture mainly in 3D Print but expansion out to machining products.

So if someone has the time, I am sure I can at least show you some cool tech other than my mill and offer you a coffee/tea or a beer :)

Antony
Last edit: 15 Mar 2019 02:31 by ant0ny.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2019 03:04 #128631 by tommylight
Bodies !!!??? Really?

More
15 Mar 2019 03:15 #128634 by ant0ny
Replied by ant0ny on topic Other bodies in Brisbane AUS
Tommy might be a local thing lol... "bodies" is safe to use in this politically correct world and so doesn't matter about gender or even if one is dead or alive... about as neutral as you can go.

More
15 Mar 2019 03:21 #128636 by tommylight
What happened there with the traffic lights ? There was something about making that figure in traffic lights more gender neutral or putting both male an female figures there.

More
15 Mar 2019 21:58 #128687 by InMyDarkestHour
Brisbane (all of QLD actually) is about is 20 years behind the rest of the east coast of Australia (20 years and 1 hour in the summer).

So this 10^1000 different gender stuff is yet to reach there.

That traffic light thing sounds like a Melbourne thing, where we store all the Cafe Latte hipsters.

More
15 Mar 2019 23:16 - 15 Mar 2019 23:21 #128696 by ant0ny
20 years some weeks can be a bit conservative lol... that's why I am here I moved from the "rat race" for a slower pace.... which also means if I need to by anything I have to ship it from else where but that's a trade off.

oh and traffic lights in QLD ... optional if you want to stop, same for blinkers and some new cars don't even seem to have them here... don't get me started on parking....
Last edit: 15 Mar 2019 23:21 by ant0ny.

More
16 Mar 2019 07:04 #128707 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Other bodies in Brisbane AUS

Brisbane (all of QLD actually) is about is 20 years behind the rest of the east coast of Australia (20 years and 1 hour in the summer).

So this 10^1000 different gender stuff is yet to reach there.

That traffic light thing sounds like a Melbourne thing, where we store all the Cafe Latte hipsters.

That is a really harsh thing to say. The last time I heard that was in the 80's by a dapper little banker in Bourke Street. Back then at least in Queensland you could go to the pub for 2 x 2 hour sessions on a Sunday but such behaviour was frowned upon in Melbourne unless you had a meal in the dining room. Not to mention the boys compared and contrasted strip clubs the night before and found the performance in Melbourne quite lacklusture... And some traffic "lights" down there a clockwork pointer turning in front of a circle with coloured segments which were unheard of in QLD. Please!!!

And yes I do live in Brisbane but on the far side to Samford. and the OP can contact me here www.vehiclemods.net.au/contact-us

More
16 Mar 2019 08:00 #128708 by ant0ny
Rod thanks I will follow up.

... bit of "tongue in cheek" shenanigans... was what was going on...
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
16 Mar 2019 08:05 #128709 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Other bodies in Brisbane AUS

Rod thanks I will follow up.

... bit of "tongue in cheek" shenanigans... was what was going on...

Don't give those southerners an inch I say :)

Time to create page: 0.470 seconds