manual tool changes, and touch-off

More
08 Apr 2019 10:57 #130493 by travis036
i am slowly getting my CNC router back together, but i have a few questions for future implementation.
i haven't really used LinuxCNC enough yet to figure things out myself.

after a manual tool change, is it possible to have a fixed location touch plate (@ X=0 Y=0 Z=0, for example), so with a single button on my wireless pendant (XHC), i can have it run a sort of macro (MDI Command) to move to the touch point, pause so i can attach the wire clip to the tool, touch off, and store the offset? then i only have to resume the program.
may have to use a two button method (one to rapid to 0 0 0, then one to touch off) i am pretty sure that when LinuxCNC encounters a manual tool change, it retracts the Z-axis, so a rapid to 0 0 0 should be safe.

i am not yet knowledgeable about Gcode to figure it all out myself.
i am still doing a little research, but any help would be most welcome.

~Travis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2019 11:30 #130495 by travis036
i may have found it...
MDI: G0 X0 Y0 Z0

tie that to the goto-zero button.

then "probe-z = motion.probe-input" will take care of the rest, i think. then i just connect the touch plate to the probe input pin.

am i on the right track?

~Travis

More
09 Apr 2019 01:51 #130540 by tommylight
If you have a fixed touch plate, you can configure it to automatically probe on each tool change, just search for linuxcnc touch probe, most will have a config uploaded so you can have it easier to implement.
The following user(s) said Thank You: travis036

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds