what is "external offsets"?

More
10 Mar 2021 10:27 #201635 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic what is "external offsets"?

something like this I need where to find the code

From Version 2.8.0 upwards, you find this example in the "LinuxCNC Configuration Selector" under "Sample Configurations / sim / axis / external_offsets / eoffsets". Once the example config has been opened you will find the corresponding files in 'user/linuxcnc/configs/sim.axis.external_offsets'.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Mar 2021 12:13 #201640 by aluplastvz
Ok thanks for the quick reply,
i will do a new installation to test it will solve the problem i have and i didn't know linuxcnc could do it
Greeting

More
21 Mar 2021 12:54 #203113 by aluplastvz
Greeting to all
Could someone help me and is it possible to adjust the offset to move as the blue lines are marked when determined inside or outside.
Now I get two sides well and two opposite whether it is possible to configure this in linuxcnc
Greeting
Thank you
Attachments:

More
21 Mar 2021 14:16 #203120 by Aciera
Hm, not sure external offsets are the most convenient solution for this. You would need to change the sign of the offset depending on the geometry of the toolpath. Wouldn't this be a simple case of radius compensation?

More
21 Mar 2021 17:57 #203142 by aluplastvz
Thank you for your prompt response.
The problem here is that the abrasive tool wears out during polishing.
I can monitor the load of the machining motor on a digital panelmeter and correct the offset.
greeting

More
21 Mar 2021 18:20 #203143 by Aciera
Ah, I see.
I think you would have to somehow do it in a similar way to how radius compensation works since you have to define which side of the contour the tool travels on. The direction of the tool vector would then be used to calculate if the external offset needs to be positive or negative. I'm somewhat sceptical that this can be done outside of the motion planner though.
But I'm out of my depth here. Maybe somebody else has an idea.

More
21 Mar 2021 21:16 #203157 by aluplastvz
Thanks for your reply.
I thought I would solve the problem like this but I will have to look for a solution although there is probably some idea here how to do it
Greeting

More
21 Mar 2021 23:42 #203174 by andypugh
I think that adjusting the tool diameter is likely to work better than using offsets.

However that would require some sort of handshake between the measurment system and the G-code, as tool diameter is a G-code internal thing.

More
22 Mar 2021 06:40 #203205 by aluplastvz
Hi Andy
I honestly expected what you would say.
When I saw that this Linux can be happy, I was happy, but when I tested it, I saw how it works and what it uses to configure.
I will do this software, a company that makes software for this purpose has the ability to enter tool consumption options.
Thank you

More
01 Jul 2021 05:56 #213415 by HalaszAttila
Hello, 

what do you think? Can I use External offset during tool change, instead of using remapped M6 for driving axis while changing the tool?
Because of a known bug in linuxcnc, if remapped tool change is used, the "Run From Line" is unusable. 
Therefore i think to use external offset in HAL on a machine with a random tool changer.
The machine has a chain type pocket with 36 tools. Driven with servo Axis "A".  During tool changing must drive the A and Z axis.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds