Looking for Linuxcnc savvy in Sothern California

More
15 Aug 2019 01:02 #142177 by gmills46
Hi
I’m looking for someone in the Sothern California area interested in assisting with changing a system that I set up on my Decker Maho DMU 5 axis machining center from the Axis GUI to Gmoccapy 5 axis.I also have a turning center that I set up that I want to make some changes to. I own a company that provides part and service for commercial CNC machinery and I built and set up these machines, but I am not a software guru and don’t have time to take care of these tasks.
I am in the San Diego area.
Thank you
Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Aug 2019 15:40 #142244 by pl7i92
you shoudt go to the next makershop there are the people that love to transform mashines

More
15 Aug 2019 17:39 #142263 by andypugh
Switching just the GUI should be very easy, you ought not to need any more help than the forum can offer.

The only LinuxCNC expert I know in California is Mesa themselves. Which is not to say that there might nt be others. We used t have a Users map, where you could find the locals. I think that was removed as the privacy landscape on the net changed.

More
16 Aug 2019 14:24 #142320 by gmills46
Thank you for the replies
The 5 axis machining center is a pretty complicated setup with things like spindle orientation and hi/lo gear changing. When I
originally set it up with the Axis GUI, I had
help from cncbasher in the U.K. and he wrote
some code to get it all working. Finding someone in the San Diego area to work with would be very helpful.
Gary

More
16 Aug 2019 14:49 #142321 by andypugh
Changing to a different gui is often as simple as changing “axis” to “gmoccapy” in the INI file. Have you tried that?

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds