Control of six-axis manipulator based on LinuxCNC and Ethercat

More
15 Aug 2019 08:50 #142209 by cheng
Hello everyone. My ultimate goal in learning LinuxCNC is to control the six-axis manipulator through it and the EtherCAT protocol. Now I can control the motor through LinuxCNC. According to my understanding, a six-axis robot is six motors. Now my idea is to control six motors at the same time.

Excuse me, is there anything else besides the G code that can control the motor?

Is there any other way to control the motor besides PLC?

Or who has ever done this project, can you give me some advice, or tell me where I can find the relevant information?

thanks

by cheng

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Aug 2019 09:31 #142213 by tommylight
There are many ways to control a motor, but for what you need you can use only Linuxcnc as it does everything you need, including clasic ladder that is similar to PLC.
There are several threads here regarding Puma or Scara robots, and i do not know if anyone retrofited a Kuka yet.
Linuxcnc does TCP as most likely you would need that, there is a nice video in the main Linuxcnc.org page about what that does.
And yes 6 axis are usually 6 motors, can be much more motors also. Some of us use 2 motors for the same axis in gantry machines.

More
15 Aug 2019 09:39 #142215 by cheng

Linuxcnc does TCP as most likely you would need that, there is a nice video in the main Linuxcnc.org page about what that does.

Can linuxcnc also control the motor through the TCP/IP protocol?

Is that video you're talking about on LinuxCNC's wiki page?

More
15 Aug 2019 10:29 #142218 by tommylight
TCP/IP is for internet, Mesa uses UDP if i remember correctly and i have no idea what ethercat uses.
I am sure you can control a motor through TCP/IP, but why would you? It has some hoops to jump over so not very practical.
That video is on the main page, or a link to it is, and it is for the other TCP, the Tool Center Point.

More
16 Aug 2019 00:51 #142300 by cheng
thanks .
I'll look for some more information.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds