import of new kinematics

More
12 Sep 2019 08:36 #144944 by Mohamed
i was trying to add new kinematics for my machine and all i have is .c file which contains my kinematics,i have searched for code that compile .c file into .hal and my code was "sudo halcompile --install kins.c"
and i got no errors but i expected to get (kins.hal) but the .c file didn't change and honestly i have not much experience with linuxcnc.
also there is another problem i made my (stepconf) for 3 axis from (application-->linuxcnc-->stepconf) and it generated .hal file& .ini file
and let's suppose i succeed to add my kinematics is there any missing steps in this project?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2019 13:46 #144966 by pl7i92
Replied by pl7i92 on topic import of new kinematics
you need to remane your component
to somthing like 5a-xyzac-hexscara

the kins.c is reserved no comp on that
then the output of your file is to be in the kinetics folder of the mashine
use locate to find it
/usr/lib/linuxcnc/modules/trivkins.so

More
17 Sep 2019 16:14 #145405 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic import of new kinematics
[quote="Mohamed" post=144944i have searched for code that compile .c file into .hal and my code was "sudo halcompile --install kins.c"
and i got no errors but i expected to get (kins.hal) but the .c file didn't change[/quote]

--install instructs the system to put the new kins.so HAL module with all the others.

You can call the file "kins.c" if you want, but make sure that the module name matches.
See, for example, this line in trivkins.c
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master...tics/trivkins.c#L128

If your compile was succesful then you should be able to do this at the command line
halrun
loadrt kins
And not see any error messages.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds