WHB04B-4 Jog not working after homing

More
23 Nov 2019 10:19 - 23 Nov 2019 10:21 #151023 by Antman
Hi Everyone, just to start I'd like to thanks everyone who has posted answers and help on here, I'm just starting but have learnt a lot from the posts so far.

My problem is that after searching the forum to get the WHB04B-4 pendant working, I can't figure out how to keep it working after homing.

I think it has to do with the joint/axis update in 2.8, but can't get my head around how to fix it.

I've read the update docs here: _manual_pulse_generator_jogging
but don't understand what I need to change.

My setup is a 3 axis router, mesa 7i76e, linuxcnc 2.8.
To get it working in the first place I built from satiowadahc github, then found some xhb-hb04.hal files on here I managed to get to basically work.
I'll try to attach it here

Let me know if I need to upload any other hal, ini files, thanks for your help.

Anthony
Attachments:
Last edit: 23 Nov 2019 10:21 by Antman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2019 11:09 #151030 by pl7i92
hi
we are using about 10 of this 04 versions
question is not clear
after homing
the homing startet from the Mashine Gui Axis / Gmoccapy
or the homing from the whb04

there is also no main bit set in the hal for gen-mux
but it is called once a second by the pendand as you like to use the sign step value
not the steppress cound of the HAL
so if the Whb04 is a newer one it jumps always to zero within 1-3sec of use

we use a counter that is set and trigerd by the step button and a reset of the counter by mode button
The following user(s) said Thank You: Antman

More
24 Nov 2019 03:06 #151091 by Antman
Thanks for taking the time to respond.
I am using the GUI Axis to home, button on the MPG does not work yet.
Would you mind sharing your hal file with me? I am very new to this and don't really understand what you are saying in the second half of your reply, but might be able to grasp it with an example from your hal file.

I think my problem is related to the "MOTION MODE", because in LINUXCNC STATUS, before homing it is listed as;
motion_mode free
but after homing it is;
motion_mode teleop
And from the links in the first post;
'With incorporation of joints_axes updates, wheel jogging is available for joints in joint mode and for each axis coordinate in teleop mode.'

So that makes me think I am doing something wrong with my setup, as it seems to work with joints prior to homing, but I need to get axis to work after homing?

But like I said previously, I am very new to this so I may just be confusing many different things.

Thanks again for your help.
Anthony

More
24 Nov 2019 05:55 #151095 by Antman
hi pl7i92

I managed to find a copy of your hal file on the forums here. After changing some lines (looks like joints changed a bit in my release) I have it working after homing.

Comparing the one I had and yours, it looks like it has to do with JOINTS and AXIS. It seems using joint.0.jog-counts works prior to homing, and axis.x.jog-counts works after homing.
Am I confusing different things, or are joints/axis used at different times?

Also, I couldn't get your step size part working, do you know of a reference I can read to try to understand what you are doing there?

Thanks again for your help.
Anthony.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leon82

More
25 Nov 2019 14:30 #151222 by andypugh

Comparing the one I had and yours, it looks like it has to do with JOINTS and AXIS. It seems using joint.0.jog-counts works prior to homing, and axis.x.jog-counts works after homing.
Am I confusing different things, or are joints/axis used at different times?

No, that is exactly right.

If the machine is a twin-motor gantry then you might want to consider not wiring the joints on the gantry axis, to disallow jogging that axis until the gantry is homed and squared. (Alternatively you could wire the jog-counts to both joints, so that they jog together)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S, Leon82

More
26 Nov 2019 03:43 #151283 by Antman
Thanks Andy

Mine is a fixed gantry style, seems to be working the way I want it to at the moment, but I'll revisit the pendant when I understand everything more.
It's very much a work in progress, here's a picture of it's current shape. BTW, thanks for your input.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds