what's wrong with my tooltable?

More
04 Dec 2019 04:54 #151950 by Reinhard

#5403 will be zero until a tool is loaded and G43 is issued.

Ok, my app is running again and I could run the test.

On startup tooltable from backend has no Z-values (status.io.tool.toolTable), but after tool-change and G43 the given MDI-command gives the right offset.
So I wonder, where the problem for the backend is? Why are the Z-values in tooltable wrong - only for my generated tool tables?
As already mentioned, all the provided tooltables from linuxcnc have (the right) Z-values there.

@Chris
did the hint of the startupscript help? Could you start the app?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2019 03:50 #152039 by Reinhard
Hi Chris,

you don't have to fear a stalker! I asked for another/better communication to help you!
I don't need it for my work!

It saddened me, that it seems ok for you, that the backend clobbers tooltable values in status area.

Or with different words: the deeper I grab into linuxcnc, the more unreliable stuff I find.
That makes me extremely sad.

More
06 Dec 2019 11:08 #152144 by cmorley
I'm not worried of a stalker.
I don't wish to spend much time on debugging your app to run on my system.
I think maybe you install your RIP linuxcnc ? The library directories look strange for RIP...

Since we don't actually know what is wrong - I am not ready to make a conclusion on the problem.

The deeper into linuxcnc you go the more diffiucult to understand the big picture and less people have good experience with it.

Chris

More
06 Dec 2019 12:13 #152148 by Reinhard

I don't wish to spend much time on debugging your app to run on my system.

That's obvious. Therefor I asked for better communication to help you get started.

I think maybe you install your RIP linuxcnc ? The library directories look strange for RIP...

don't care for archive content.
The only point that requires your attention is the 'native' directory.
You have to create the link to your rip installation (as written in READ.ME).

The error you posted says, that the starter does not find the binaries.
Therefor I guessed, that you extracted the archive to a different location, than me.
In the starter script the binaries are expected at '/opt/UI4LinuxCNC', which is the UI_BaseDir variable in the starter script.
If you extracted the archive to a different location you have to change the path of that variable.
After changing the variable path, the next error should be different.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds