Low Speed for 3d Printing application

More
19 Jun 2021 20:17 - 19 Jun 2021 20:20 #212437 by Muz94
I haven't tested since i switched to 2.8, but when i was running 2.7 with XYZA config. it run WAY slower, i could hear the motors taking each single corner for every block making up a curve.
The difference between XYZA and XYWZ was really HUGE.
I'd really like to go back to XYZA (the graphic preview is completely messed up, and so are the keyboard shorcuts) but i need to be sure that it works first.
Now the machine runs super fast, the only issue is the lack of pressure advance which is a standard feature in new printers. I wonder if anyone found a way to implement a similar system in linuxcnc.
Last edit: 19 Jun 2021 20:20 by Muz94.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2021 20:47 #212439 by tommylight

Now the machine runs super fast, the only issue is the lack of pressure advance which is a standard feature in new printers. I wonder if anyone found a way to implement a similar system in linuxcnc.

Probably doable using external offsets and some coding, best done as a comp (component).
There were some attempts to do something similar for plasma cutting, but it got forgotten since it is mostly used for round shapes on plasma and that got in part solved with a wizard.
If you happen to bump into a good explanation on pressure advance, please link it here.

More
10 Jul 2021 14:54 #214182 by AlessandroT
There are some news about this TP solution with ABC blending, please?

More
12 Jul 2021 23:14 #214449 by andypugh
Sorry, nothing.

More
24 Jul 2021 20:28 #215805 by Bari

Sorry to hijack the topic, but what are the chances of having a 3D printing section of the forum and is anyone here interested in it?

Can you setup an additive manufacturing/3D printing section for the forums? 3D printing gets confused with just FFF/FDM printers. Then we can have sub sections for SLS, SLA, etc

More
24 Jul 2021 23:27 #215817 by tommylight
No i can not, sorry.

More
26 Jul 2021 11:38 #215951 by andypugh

No i can not, sorry.

It looks like you (or someone) figured it out. 
forum.linuxcnc.org/additive-manufacturing

The following user(s) said Thank You: Doogie

More
26 Jul 2021 17:39 #215971 by tommylight

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds