Customize Pause/Resume Routine

More
02 Apr 2020 10:51 #162440 by mngr0
Hi,

In my 3d printer I added a switch that check if filament is ok (it is not ok if it is too large or missing).
if it is not ok I pause the printing (so the machine stays on, in auto mode, and I can resume it when I fix the filament).

The problem: I want to move the tool head away from the print, and cool down the temperature when it goes in pause because of the error, and I want to come back in the right place and wait for right temperature on resume.

I cannot launch MDI command, because I am still in auto mode. (auto mode IIRC but I am not 100% sure, but the point is: I cannot lauch mdi commands);
I can act at the HAL level: ADING a quantity to all commanded position, and MUXING it only if error is detected (same for temperature)
Hacking the resume (wich will always be activated by the user) in axis, and waiting for the temperature to be high enough before issuing the real resume.

Actually writing this already helped me organize my ideas, but I will post it anyway... what do you think about this? any suggestion better than this?

Regards, Mngr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2020 12:24 #162442 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Customize Pause/Resume Routine
I would have thought connecting your head_at_temperature signal to the spindle.0.at-speed would prevent motion until the head got to temperature. Also have a look at how plasmac.comp raises the Z axis on a pause as it does not use any G code for the Z axis.

More
02 Apr 2020 12:57 #162445 by alkabal
Hi

I'm no 100% sure but i think you can use remap function M0/M1 and use subroutine for do what you want.
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/remap/remap.html

This way you can play with coordinates G53 G54.1 etc inside the subroutine

As a starting exemple i have attached my remap (without your needed function) and also my subroutine for go-machine-home and go-workpiece-home (last position) i think you can shake that.

Br
Attachments:

More
02 Apr 2020 22:06 #162501 by phillc54
If you are using 2.8 or master you could possibly utilize external offsets linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/motion/external-offsets.html

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds