Stepper Drive Timing - CW-Motor Digital stepper driver CWD556

More
06 Apr 2020 03:32 #162841 by blackmennewstyle
I would like to add the necessary information on the LinuxCNC Wiki - Stepper Drive Timing: wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Stepper_Drive_Timing for my Digital stepper driver CWD556

I received all the following information from the manufacturer:

Manufacturer: CW-Motor - www.cw-motor.com/
Model: Digital stepper motor driver CWD556
Step time in nanoseconds (ns): 2500
Step space in nanoseconds (ns): 2500
Direction hold/Step pulse minimum hold times in nanoseconds (ns): 10000
Direction Setup/Direction pre-set before step edge in nanoseconds (ns): 5000
Step on: Rising Edge
Spec Sheet: drive.google.com/file/d/1my3Dhg8MgjtC0Sh...3-_/view?usp=sharing

Email from manufacturer:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2020 06:47 #162854 by bbsr_5a
as it is a leadshine cloe its the same as in the standard to use with
you always start highere and if the machine can do more you lower the timing
starting with that numbers will fail for some users and make in the hardest place no movement at alll
so keep the default and idividuell go down
the CWD is just the internal Numbering for a NONTYPE H-Brige

More
06 Apr 2020 06:58 #162857 by blackmennewstyle

as it is a leadshine cloe its the same as in the standard to use with
you always start highere and if the machine can do more you lower the timing
starting with that numbers will fail for some users and make in the hardest place no movement at alll
so keep the default and idividuell go down
the CWD is just the internal Numbering for a NONTYPE H-Brige

Thanks for the inputs, it looks like i still have a lot to do in term of "homework"/'learning" :)

More
27 Apr 2020 11:53 #165805 by andypugh

I would like to add the necessary information on the LinuxCNC Wiki - Stepper Drive Timing: wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Stepper_Drive_Timing for my Digital stepper driver CWD556

That is a laudable idea, and is something that you should be able to do yourself (The Wiki is user-maintained)
Instructions on how to edit the page are available from a link at the bottom of each page. (basic steps)

And, you will need to know that our penguin mascot is called "Chips" (which is why the test G-code of penguin is called 3dchips.ngc)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
27 Apr 2020 12:14 #165812 by blackmennewstyle

That is a laudable idea, and is something that you should be able to do yourself (The Wiki is user-maintained)
Instructions on how to edit the page are available from a link at the bottom of each page. (basic steps)

And, you will need to know that our penguin mascot is called "Chips" (which is why the test G-code of penguin is called 3dchips.ngc)

Thank you for all the information, i noted everything carefully. However, I am still unable to test all the values provided by the manufacturer since the human malware pandemic outbreak is totally disturbing most post-office services on my side of the world and a lot of my orders are currently somewhere in the wild.

Have a great week and stay safe :)

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds