How can i reset my password that has been forgotten

More
23 Apr 2020 17:35 #165277 by petergun
I have a bridgeport cnc mill that has been retro fitted with mesa boards and Linux CNC software in 2017. It has not been used since then and the person who did the retro fit has left the area and can not be located. We would like to use the mill now but i can't get by the password question. Thanks for the help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2020 17:42 #165278 by Clive S

I have a bridgeport cnc mill that has been retro fitted with mesa boards and Linux CNC software in 2017. It has not been used since then and the person who did the retro fit has left the area and can not be located. We would like to use the mill now but i can't get by the password question. Thanks for the help

Have you seen this:- forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc...ten-password?start=0

More
23 Apr 2020 17:53 - 23 Apr 2020 20:24 #165279 by strahlensauger
Unless grub is secured you can access all patitions with a live Linux. Depending on your Linux you'll find out how to get your password undone using Google.
Last edit: 23 Apr 2020 20:24 by strahlensauger.

More
23 Apr 2020 18:08 #165280 by petergun
I don't know if we have a Debian 10 system . How can we tell?

More
23 Apr 2020 20:35 #165303 by strahlensauger
If you can Mount that partition,
you can do a cat /media/cdrom/etc/issue
where /media/cdrom is the path you mounted the partition to.

More
23 Apr 2020 22:19 #165319 by tommylight

I don't know if we have a Debian 10 system . How can we tell?

When you power the PC, there must be some logo while it is booting, some also have something written.
Do a picture search on the net for ubuntu, debia, mint logos as chances are it is one of those.
If by any chance you see some windows flapping around, RUN !!!! :)

More
28 May 2020 19:14 #169242 by petergun
I have figured out that we have Debian Gnu/linux, with linux 3.4-9-rtai-686-pae.
I have tried every thing i can find on Google. I come up with the following error.
Authentication token manipulation error. I then entered mount -o remount,rw/ mount -o remount, rw /proc . This gets me the same error .

Can anyone help me with this?

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds