XHC-WHB04B-4 can't get it too work.

More
31 May 2020 21:06 #169573 by Catch22
So I have managed to get 2.9 installed but I can't seem to figure out how to get the XHC-WHB04B-4 pendant to work.
Do I use Pncconfig to install it, I'm having a tough time because I have never used Linux before. I have Linux Mint installed with linuxcnc 2.9 on it.
Is there maybe a step by step installation page or video that I just haven't found yet?
Any help to point me in the right direction would be appreciated.
Thanks Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2020 08:18 #169629 by bbsr_5a
hi
does it response in the terminal
i added my config so you can see if it workes propper
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Catch22

More
01 Jun 2020 10:42 #169643 by alkabal

More
23 Jun 2020 19:18 #172495 by Catch22
I just can't seem to figure this out, is there a step by step procedure somewhere that i could use, I've tried everything that I can, I feel so stupid because I'm just learning linux.
Already spent days on this. I don't care about what the buttons are setup for as long as I can jog x,y and z.
Anyone willing to take time too help me out I would be willing to pay for your time.
Thanks Mike

More
23 Jun 2020 22:46 - 24 Jun 2020 08:55 #172512 by alkabal
add me to skype and ican try to help
Last edit: 24 Jun 2020 08:55 by alkabal.

More
24 Jun 2020 01:08 #172523 by Catch22

add me to skype and ican try to help : golfopeos[/quote

Ok thanks alot, I will add you to my Skype.

More
01 Jul 2020 17:08 #173321 by Catch22
Wow am I tired, been trying to get this pendant working for over 16 hours now, I have tried everything, probably doing it wrong.
If someone is willing to put a step by step install of xhc-whb04b-4 for dummies I will gladly pay them for it. Using Linux Mint 19.2 and version 2.8 Linuxcnc.
Thanks Mike

More
01 Jul 2020 19:34 - 01 Jul 2020 19:36 #173335 by photomankc
Take a look through my thread here:
forum.linuxcnc.org/38-general-linuxcnc-q...g-a-whb04b-4-working

First thing to look at is with the dongle plugged in do you see something like this:

~$ lsusb
Bus 004 Device 006: ID 04d9:1503 Holtek Semiconductor, Inc. Keyboard
... snip ...
Bus 007 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 006 Device 002: ID 10ce:eb93 Silicon Labs <<<<<<
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
... snip ...
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

Looking for that line with "10ce:eb93 Silicon Labs". If it's there, then it's at least plugged in, powered, and seen on the USB bus.

Now, check in /etc/udev/rules.d/ any files and see if something along these lines is in there:
ATTR{idProduct}=="eb93", ATTR{idVendor}=="10ce", MODE="666", OWNER="root", GROUP="plugdev"

If there are no files there, then add one named "99-xhc-whb04b-6.rules" and add that line. If you do this then I would go ahead and reboot afterwards.

Next look at the commands I ran using "halrun" and "/usr/bin/xhc-whb04b-6 -e"

In halrun, if the sucker loads up you should be able to type "show pin" and see a list of all the whb.* pins in there. If it says access denied or can't claim interface then you've still got permission problems. The other command runs the program that manages the pendant and prints stuff to your screen when you press buttons or turn knobs. That's good to verify that you are getting data to and from the pendant.

After that it gets a bit more involved but basically:

You need an xhc-whb04b.hal file that loads the component and connects up the HAL pins to stuff. Then you need to add that to the [HALFILES] section of your mill's .ini file. Personally I would start with just loading the component (the loadusr line) and looking to see if it's in there when you start the mill. If it starts up look in the menu at "Machine->HAL Configuration". Expand "pins" and see if "whb" is on that list. If so then you've got the worst of it over with.

I feel your pain. Took me several days to work it all out. You can peek at my configuration but you won't be able to copy-n-paste exactly as I have some custom logic in my machine that I had to work it into and I have not connected any of the macro buttons or spindle stuff yet, But I got it working and jogging and controlling the mode and program execution so far.
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Jul 2020 19:36 by photomankc.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds