What's going on?

More
08 Jul 2020 22:23 #174039 by Yewleafwishes
I have just had to replace my pc that runs my denford cnc machine. I put in my old hdd to utilise all of the old configs because I don't have a clue how to generate a new one.

It is displaying limit switch errors and showing the job outside of the work area. I don't know why this is happening. It shows up before the cnc is even turned on.

I edited the Hal file to change the parallel port address to what it should be, but this made no difference. Please can someone offer any advice as I am really not very skilled with the technical aspects of cnc, but I need this up and running for my customers' orders.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2020 07:12 #174061 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic What's going on?
Standard procedure is to post your config as a zip or at least hal and ini files

More
09 Jul 2020 08:24 #174074 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic What's going on?
Also some parallel ports do not have pull up resistors on inputs, so you might have to change those inputs in the hal file by adding -not at the end of the input lines.

More
09 Jul 2020 18:42 #174118 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic What's going on?
Are you seeing any life from the parallel port? Any inputs working when you toggle them? Any outputs working? Do you have all the external power supplies that the breakout board needs connected and powered up? Are you sure you have the parallel port address correct? If you are using a built in parallel port on the motherboard, is it enabled in the bios?

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds