Linuxcnc on indramat drivers

More
27 Oct 2020 09:55 #187397 by Ben Are
Hi.

Consideringa linux retrofit on our TOS fvp30 cnc, with heidenain tnc360 controller.
It has indramat TVD 1,2 powersuplay with TDA1.1 spindeldrive and TDM3.2 servodrivers.
Im ferly new to linux, but as i understand. Since the drivers are capabel of analoge 0-10v it would worke with a
7I77-5I25 PLUG-N-GO KIT from Mesa? is it that simple? Or do i need enny more hardware?

Exuse my poore english, im Norwegian, an not as good in english as i shoud.

Regards Ben Are

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2020 18:21 #187450 by tommylight
Usually it is that simple ... till you start wiring stuff ! :)
First check what you have to work with, gather all the possible info about it, try to find schematics, study them a bit to get a sense of how some of that fits together, do things one by one, never everything at once ! , as you progress things will get simpler, for sure.
First check what kind of encoders are in use, check if those encoders go to the drives or to the controller, if they do go to the drives check if there are encoder outputs on the drives, check how the e-stop is setup up and how it functions in relation to other stuff, find the drive enable, check the power supplies, etc etc....
When you get to wiring, here is some more reading about Mesa 7i77:
forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configura...ning-detailed-how-to

More
28 Oct 2020 05:00 #187505 by rootboy

Hi.

Consideringa linux retrofit on our TOS fvp30 cnc, with heidenain tnc360 controller.
It has indramat TVD 1,2 powersuplay with TDA1.1 spindeldrive and TDM3.2 servodrivers.
Im ferly new to linux, but as i understand. Since the drivers are capabel of analoge 0-10v it would worke with a
7I77-5I25 PLUG-N-GO KIT from Mesa? is it that simple? Or do i need enny more hardware?

Along with the proper drivers required for your setup (in your case analog outputs), be sure to count up all of the inputs and outputs beforehand and get enough of those as well. If it were me, I would call or email Mesa directly with your list and ask what would be a good setup for your system.

Exuse my poore english, im Norwegian, an not as good in english as i shoud.

No problem. I'm just a product of the public education system myself. So I have no room to talk. :)

Regards Ben Are

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds