DXF POINTS Gcodetools problem

More
27 Oct 2020 16:19 #187440 by drumanart
Hello
Attaches is a very simple drawing made in INKSCAPE 0.92.
I use the Gcodetools to generate two files, one for the wholes (4 points) and an other one to cutout the material.
The wholes are made with the DXF - Point extension from.
My problem is hat when cutting a plexiglass with LinuxCNC the 4 points (Drill-Wholes) are not exact i.e the 4 wholes are always nearly 1mm drifted to the right.

Thank for help
Martin
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Oct 2020 16:58 #187589 by drumanart
Ok I reply to myself as I found a way.

Marking the drill-wholes with circles and not points as I did in Inkscape and then applying Stroke to Path and not Object to Path made it work.
Now, using DXF in GcodeTools works as expected and the wholes are precise where they have to be.

As nobody replied to my thread I thought it's a bit strange that nobody had ever had this issue with DXF. Also I couldn't find anything about drilling wholes with GcodeTools when searching in Internet.

Martin
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Clive S

More
28 Oct 2020 19:44 #187611 by tommylight
Sorry but i was not sure what exactly was going on, and i do not use DXF but i do use Inkscape almost daily for the last several days.
Not sure about holes in Inkscape also as i use it for plasma cutting.

More
25 Nov 2020 12:41 #190255 by drumanart
This is not how to do it:
Marking the drill-wholes with circles and not points as I did in Inkscape and then applying Stroke to Path and not Object to Path made it work.

Here the correct way:
The entrance point of a DXF (drill-whole) created with Gcodetools is where the arrow points at the attached image (the small rectangle).
So, if the circle diameter is 2mm one has to make an offset of 1mm. In other words when the CNC machine is homed than the y-axis has to be set plus 1mm. Of course if the circle has a different diameter the offset value differs.

I apologize for the confusion at the previous answer.

Kindly Martin
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds