5 DoF robotic arm speed control

More
14 Dec 2020 12:48 #191960 by andypugh
It seems to be a velocity-mode stepgen with encoder feedback, so it definitely _could_ be a PID tuning problem.

Try reducing the P-Gain entry in the INI file by half, and see if things change (Don't worry if they get better or worse, just if they change)
The following user(s) said Thank You: elisa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2020 15:53 - 17 Dec 2020 05:30 #191966 by Aciera

I have read that it doesn't check the end effector postion in relation to the joint limits.

That is correct the limits don't work [properly] with non-trivial kinematic.

[actually I found now that it does work to some extent as the joints will not be run over the limits set in the ini but the motion planner will not FORSEE that it will happen. Meaning program execution will just suddenly stop with a joint limit error]
Last edit: 17 Dec 2020 05:30 by Aciera. Reason: Correction about limit handling when using non-trivial kinematics

More
14 Dec 2020 23:40 #191998 by Grotius
Hi,

Pid tuning is really important for robot's. But the stepgenerator configurated as 'v' for velocity control concern's me.
Where is the position feedback control in this case? The encoder captures the position feedback, but a second "device or control" has
to bring the motors in exact position.

I am suggesting that the gensterkin's is not using a halcmd setp ratio for max_acc for each joint to each commanded position.
If it was so, the joint's will alway's end the movement together in the case of rapid moves. This result's in a dynamic movement.

If the robot is shocking at corners, you could see that in halshow. If parameters are not updated it can be easely spotted. It could be that there are no kinematics solutions during that shock time. Therefore more robust kinematic's use 100 iteration's instead of one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elisa

More
15 Dec 2020 07:13 #192032 by Aciera
@Grotius
He's using trivial kinematics.

More
16 Dec 2020 10:45 #192119 by elisa
Hi,

However, PID parameters have been autotuned with at_pid,so I think they are correct.

As for the kinematics, I am using the trivial one since the angle joints are worked out by another software which uses an inverse kinematics algortithm, then I export the gcode file to upload it on LinuxCNC.

The inverse kinematics algorithm works out the angle joints taking into account their limits, and finds the best solutions after some iterations.

More
17 Dec 2020 05:26 - 17 Dec 2020 05:31 #192226 by Aciera
Hm, I certainly don't see anything like that on my robot. I do get a fair bit of corner rounding if I don't use G64 P1 but you have already got that in your code.

The other thing I wanted to add is that my earlier statement saying limits don't work when using non-trivial kinematics is not quite correct after all. I found that it does work with some restrictions:
1) the Joint limits are respected. Meaning your joints will not be driven past the angles set in the respective [Joint] section of the INI. BUT:
2) since you cannot have joint limits that are smaller than axis limits declared in the INI without getting an error at startup the axis limits will have to be reset to eg +-99999999 after linuxcnc is started.
3) What doesn't work is the "lookahead" for limit violations by the interpreter/motion planner. So there will be no warning BEFORE the joint reaches its limit but motion will stop when it does.
Last edit: 17 Dec 2020 05:31 by Aciera.

More
17 Dec 2020 12:11 #192241 by elisa
Actually I tried to use G64 P0.05 maybe I have to use higher P values.

Could this be the reason?

More
17 Dec 2020 12:54 #192245 by Aciera
Give it a try and report back.

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds