Deactivate override limits

More
14 Dec 2020 22:13 #191989 by Nico2017
Hi all,
I was wondering if there was a command to de-activate the override limit. The situation is: one machine is parked on the hard limit switch. To unpark it and therefore move away from the limit you have to override the limits which is fine. In some circumstance for this mahine you have to override the limit to move along the other perpendicular axis which is not on any hard limit. This motion does not move away from the triggered hard limit switch and therefore does not disable the override limits.

I was therefore wondering if it would be possible to deactivate the override limit without jogging away from the hard limit switch.
For the override limit there is a python command : self.c.override_limits() but I could not find anything about disabling the override limit

Thank you for your help,
Nicolas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2020 01:23 #192017 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Deactivate override limits
What screen are you using?

More
15 Dec 2020 01:31 #192019 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Deactivate override limits
found this:
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/code/code-not...tml#_override_limits

This seems to indicate you could jog any axis after overriding limits.
But if the limit isn't cleared, they trip again after the jog.

Is this what you found?

More
16 Dec 2020 00:30 #192086 by Nico2017
Replied by Nico2017 on topic Deactivate override limits
Hi,
this is the behaviour I found but it is only working for the axis for which the limit is tripped. As I am moving a perpendicular axis, the override remains activated on the parked axis.

The issue is I want to re activate the hard limit by de activating the override without having to do any motion.
Thank you,

Nicolas

More
16 Dec 2020 06:09 #192102 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic Deactivate override limits
Could you not just deactivate the limit switch input in hal?

More
20 Dec 2020 19:59 #192568 by Nico2017
Replied by Nico2017 on topic Deactivate override limits
Hi,
deactivating the limit switch is one possibility but this could be perceived as not the best practise as you are modifying the link between a safety sensor and the safety function of the software. But definitely I can do that and that might be how I solve this. For instance, for a short moment of time I could deactivate the limit switch input in hal..

I was just wondering if there was a tidier way I was missing like a python command that could re-activate the hard limit once you actually have overridden them.

Thank you,

Nicolas

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds