Lathe =1 and axis display orientation

More
27 Dec 2020 07:01 - 27 Dec 2020 07:05 #193275 by strantor
I'm creating a new configuration for my mill, to use it as a lathe. I'll be mounting a lathe headstock on the side of the mill column and bar stock will enter through the back of the headstock and exit sticking out just over the top of the mill table. Lathe gang tooling will be fixed to the mill table. So the gender change operation from mill setup to lathe setup looks like this:
X axis - stays the same
Y axis - turns into Z axis
Z axis - deleted
Spindle - electrically and programmatically stays the same. Physically, gets removed, turned 90 degrees and installed in a different location.

Now my questions:
1 ( A ): What actually happens when I set LATHE = 1 in my ini file, other than losing my 3D view and perspective options?
1 ( B ): Do I really need to set LATHE = 1?

2: How can I change the perspective of the axis display so that it matches the nonstandard physical layout of my machine? I need X displayed from left to right, and Z displayed from top to bottom.
Last edit: 27 Dec 2020 07:05 by strantor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Dec 2020 20:18 #193583 by strantor

More
31 Dec 2020 01:00 #193598 by cmorley
IFAIK LATHE=1 is a switch used just by the GUI to display things lathe like.

lib/python/glnav has functions for views - but it's python based opengl commands.

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: strantor

More
07 Jan 2021 21:33 #194423 by joekline9
I am doing this with Lcnc 2.7.
I swing the display around front so it displays X up & down. Z left & right.
My (Mill Z) axis remains locked and never moves.
Using Mesa 7i76 servo board. lathe spindle uses mills A axis driver with a plugin motor & encoder.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds