Problem with Feed Rates

More
03 Jan 2021 18:57 - 03 Jan 2021 19:10 #193974 by cakeslob
The issue for me was not as noticeable for me until I was doing a "large" diameter external profile helix. Just running simulations on the weekend, testing old work programs to see how they do on linuxcnc. While doing the longer external 3d profile, I noticed the 3-4 velocity/feedrate pins all display different numbers .
this is only in displaying the feedrate. as far as i can tell, the actual feed according to motion.current-vel seems correct, so it is just a display issue
current motion line : 132
feed rate in gcode : 3750
speed in gcode    : 3750

[motion.current-vel ]  : displays 62.5, this is correct 
                             - only shows the current velocity , shows feed override and accel/decel 
but not commanded speed

[motion.feed-upm]         : displays 0. does not seem to work on moves involving X+ Z axis or Y+ Z axis moves  
                          - only shows g1/2/3 sometimes , shows commanded feed ,override, works on pause, no rapids

[motion.requested-vel]     : displays 62.5 this is correxct
                                     - displays commanded feed + tp/accel/decel but does not account for overrides

[self.stat.setting[1] ]        : displays F1200 and S4000 (2000+ lines ahead of current motion line)when executing a X/Y + Z move, then jumps back to correct feed when doing non Z g1/2/3 moves
                                  - used in axis/gmoccapy/gscreen/touchy, uses the python interface, 
                           mostly right but reads ahead to far, only works for feed moves

This is pretty reproduceable using 3dchips.ngc. any moving using Y + Z , the feed rate displays toggles the feed rate from line 4681 and back to the correct feed 46

What is this a problem with? linuxcnc and 3d moves? is there a better feed rate pin I can use?
I cannot find an Ideal candidate for displaying the current feed rate . feed-upm was the best so far until it was displaying 0 feed for most of my program because of the helix moves (g1 with x y z axis)

File Attachment:

File Name: PROBE_PIVOT1A.ngc
File Size:111 KB

here is the program i was testing, its not meant to run on real machine
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Jan 2021 19:10 by cakeslob.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds