I am leaving the big tech's, here is my solution i am working on.

More
03 Jan 2021 21:52 - 04 Jan 2021 02:22 #193995 by Grotius
A few weeks ago, there was a announcement made on Twitter.

This account was suspended
at once. Also this channel on Youtube was deleted. Both cases triggered my attention.

More and more the big tech's are acting as Nation's. They have more power today then most countries will have.

Then someone over here pointed out that Microsoft is the owner of Twitter, but also owner of Github.

So i have a Github account.
An sich it works, but i can not share my newest Debian Buster iso of 7gb over there.

So there is a problem accuring.

Currently i am building a solution for this. Part's of it are working already.

It's a software package that contains :
- Audio / Video player (different options)
- Webserver
- HomePage, can contain a forum of a facebook like app.
- Chatserver, Chatclient.

Soon i will bring down my github channel.
All the stuff goes to the webserver wich is hosted by an old android phone that runs linux,
wich has low power consumption running 24/7.

Suggestions are welcome !
Have a Nice day!

Update :
I found out that if you want to host something like Github yourself.
Using doxygen is very nice !

I am thinking about making a script. That creates a webpage automaticly for every software project you want to host or share.
In this way, users can start at the project index.html site,
wich show's a project picture, project info, doxygen manual, download's etc. A sort of automated github.

The script expands the programmers source code with :

- Creates a project zip file for download.
- Creates a Doxygen manual, maybe i expand the doxygen source code to add inline video's and pictures if that is easyer to do.
- Index.html site for the project.
- Picture of project.
- Preview inline video's of project.
- etc.
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Jan 2021 02:22 by Grotius.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, johnmc1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2021 02:43 #194007 by tommylight
I see .onion there, using TOR ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grotius

More
04 Jan 2021 14:17 - 04 Jan 2021 14:19 #194039 by Grotius
Hi Tom,

Yes, that's correct. I am convinced that it is the easyest way to host a website. But there are downsides.
You don't have to register a hostname or do any port forwarding in your local network.

While coding i came to the conclusion that the webchat server and client is ultra secure. It's even invisible for HexChat.
If you would connect HexChat to the correct adres + port it doens't see anything.

The chat channel uses a separate onion adres. If you add a second onion adres for the webchat you can combine
2 channels together to secure messaging even more. One channel will act as a key sender / reciever. But that are thought's.

For the videoplayer i found out that if you want to download youtube video's this system command works perfect :
system("cd WebPage/Shared/Media && sudo youtube-dl --quiet --format mp4 www.yxxxxxxx.com/watch?v=SUt..WE&start_radio=1 &");
It uses the youtube-dl program behind the screen and downloads the mp4 file on the fly to your shared data map.

A downside of Tor is the speed. It is possible to stream a mp4 online. This works. But downloading a github project of
41.2 mb takes 6 minutes. ~7mb/min.
To download a debian iso of 7 gb it would take = 7000 min = 116 hours. = 5 day's. This is unacceptable.
How to solve B) ?
Last edit: 04 Jan 2021 14:19 by Grotius.

More
04 Jan 2021 14:46 #194040 by tommylight
Have not used TOR in a long time so i have no clue what is the state of it now.
Not sure, but Tails or another distro would check the response time and bandwidth while connecting to piers and chose the best results to connect to, it worked pretty good and was fast enough for normal browsing. Downloading anything will be very dependant on how many piers it is connected to and their cumulative bandwidth.
Whatever you do, no VPN, never ever, not secure at all and sure as hell not anonymous.
Tracing a good TOR user might take weeks or months, sometimes more, tracing a VPN user about 2 minutes for not experienced "NET Runners"
Have you given a thought to doing it through blockchain ? They are made to be huge databases.
There were some that claimed they did just that, coughhh STEEM coughhh, but as usual it was a stunt as it was all in a single server. That might have changed, but i doubt it.
Give blockchain a thought or two and let me know what you think.
Start with EOS, last i checked (maybe 2 years ago) it was very usable for a lot of things, or something entirely new....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grotius

More
04 Jan 2021 18:03 #194059 by Grotius
Hi Tom,

Thanks for your suggestions. I will read about BlockChain and EOS.

Maybe It sound's quite stupid but if Tor can be modified
to be used without chain's it's oke for me. Connecting onion adres a to adres b and ready for download. :lol:

There is a lot to be found for peer to peer. I just need some time to find out what suit's the demand.

In my latest download test, 500mb in one hour. Still way to slow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds