Drive settings for AASD AC servos.

More
07 Jan 2021 11:26 #194351 by SPH
Does anyone have a list of drive parameters that need setting for the Chinese AASD servo drives to run closed loop with linuxcnc?
My drives are moving and I'm getting reasonable results but only with a huge feror setting. 10mm or so. I realise theres no real point tuning pid until the drives are set correctly.
Only obvious one I've found is I think Pe147 which is drive accel decel which specifically states it must be off for external loop control.

5i25, 7i77

I think Bevins mentioned having a list at some point.

Cheers in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2021 17:00 #194517 by aleksamc
First of all increase ferror and error parameters to something huge, for example for 100k.
You should set servodrive to Speed mode (Torgue mode also possible).
PID of servodrive should have mild settings.
Then try to configure PID in linuxcnc.
When everything will be fine decrease ferror to normal value 1 or 2mm.

By the way, you should disconnect your servos from mechanic before starting of configuration.

More
08 Jan 2021 21:23 #194546 by chris@cnc
Hi,
I have 3 of these JMC china servos and they had the same problem. I tried out for a long time and only 2 or 3 parameters were interesting to reduce the error well. The tuning is certainly not perfect, but since I have reduced the acceleration on the linuxcnc, the control is very smooth and soft.
Unfortunately, with the exception of Pn113 / 114, they are not very comparable
for me I set it from 10% to 100% and was immediately at an error of 1-2mm -> 0.1-0.2mm
Try to set the gain mode to only one in PN045.
It is difficult to adjust these servos by hand. Mechanics and weight are very important for a calculation. Without these parameters it is a matter of luck. Servo software measures these parameters and gives good values. If you find one, try it.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds