Stepper motor stops stepping after a while

More
01 Mar 2021 21:23 - 02 Mar 2021 00:13 #200736 by Knas
Hello, i have a curious problem, one of my steppers stops stepping after a while, without any errors or anything and Axis is still telling me its churning along. Now the thing is i've had this running for about 6 months, the only real change ive done is that i've upgraded from LinuxCNC 2.6 to 2.8.0, so barring some sudden hardware meltdown i'm assuming that has something to do with it. I have gone through the motions and converted everything to their proper joints etc, all my steppers are running on Gecko G540 boards and all have the same setup including step time / hold etc. Any hints on what could be the matter here or what i should check?

Thanks

Karl
Last edit: 02 Mar 2021 00:13 by Knas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2021 06:50 #200760 by Aciera
Please attach your hal and ini and tell us what kind of hardware you have attached.

The usual procedure would be to swap things around and see if the issue moves to the other axis or not.

More
02 Mar 2021 15:57 #200795 by Knas
Well i actually fixed it, still not sure what was going on but i replaced the motor, controller and switched to a previously unused parallel port so i guess maybe something fried. The reason i thought it was software was because it'd always stop functioning at around the same point. Once im not in production i'll investigate.. Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.331 seconds