Machine not homing- Precix Mesa

More
30 Mar 2021 02:09 #204107 by Sverabak41
Hi guys, apologies for this extremely simple question- I don’t know much about how a CNC is actually set up, I don’t have access to people who can help troubleshoot at the moment so I thought I’d try this forum.

Basically I turned the CNC on the way I normally do in Precix Mesa, toggled the power, pressed Home All, the machine moved all the way to the left in the X axis, stopped homing, the screen continued to say that it was still moving, but the machine didn’t finish homing in the Y axis. Now I’ve quit and restarted the program a few times and the machine won’t move at all.

I’ve checked all the emergency stops, and that’s as far as my troubleshooting knowledge goes sadly. Would anyone be able to give some tips? I really appreciate it! Thank you, and let me know if I can provide any further details.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2021 08:21 - 30 Mar 2021 08:21 #204112 by andypugh

Basically I turned the CNC on the way I normally do in Precix Mesa, toggled the power, pressed Home All, the machine moved all the way to the left in the X axis, stopped homing, the screen continued to say that it was still moving,

Which axis was still moving?

but the machine didn’t finish homing in the Y axis. Now I’ve quit and restarted the program a few times and the machine won’t move at all.

It sounds like the machine is now stuck on a home switch. You might be able to select "override limits" in the GUI and jog off the limit switches. Or you might be able to rotate a motor / leadscrew by hand to achieve the same thing.

Most of the GUIs have an indication onscreen when an axis is on the limit switch.
Last edit: 30 Mar 2021 08:21 by andypugh.

More
30 Mar 2021 11:08 #204115 by Sverabak41
Thanks a lot - will try these things when I’m back in studio

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds