Resume/Recover After Fault

More
31 Mar 2021 15:25 #204233 by Project_Hopeless
I was cutting a bunch of profiles out of plywood when my machine posted a limit error. It turned out to be a loose connection.

I searched for how to resume/recover LinuxCNC Axis after a fault. I was surprised to read you can't, at least that is what the older posts indicated. Is this still true today?

I was hoping I could some how select the previous retract/entry point in the program and resume from there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2021 15:52 #204238 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Resume/Recover After Fault
run-from-selected-line has some real short comings but can be used to restart.
in Axis I believe you select a line then select 'run from selected line' under the machine heading.

You will want to start the spindle running first

More
01 Apr 2021 14:35 #204389 by Michael
Replied by Michael on topic Resume/Recover After Fault
After you trip a limit switch the machine may coast a bit and you may need to home and check touch off again.

Also when running from a line be careful what that line is. If it's a g2 or similar it may have been mid arc and will restart assuming it's at center again. Usually I will retract z and go back to the last safe z move and run from there.

I wish Axis had a search or find feature for the code window. Usually I will have to open gedit to find a good spot. If you have a lot of lines of code manually finding or scrolling through Axis code window is difficult.

More
01 Apr 2021 19:25 #204417 by Project_Hopeless
It would be a nice feature to select a program line and have the graphical trace highlight to that point ( run from here).

Or perhaps a parse routine to fast forward/backward to the next safe exit an entry point?

More
02 Apr 2021 23:00 #204571 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Resume/Recover After Fault

It would be a nice feature to select a program line and have the graphical trace highlight to that point ( run from here).

It does. If you click on a line of G-code it will highlight that line in the graphical preview.

Combined with the coloured lines showing where the cutter has been, you can use this to find a good restart point.

It's generally safest to find a place with a G0 to a new XY and then Z-height. You need to start the spindle yourself, and set up any relevant state.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds