dual Wifi + LAN connection 7i76e

More
05 Apr 2021 15:59 #204913 by Promo
Hi all,

First of all I'll quickly introduce myself.
I'm Patrick from The Netherlands, 29 years old and have a mechanical engineering background.
As a hobby I design & build gas turbine engines.
Currently I'm converting a BF30 milling machine to CNC using LinuxCNC and a 7i76e and 7i85S.

At this stage I'm running into problems when connecting both the Wifi adapter (TP-link WN821N) and the 7i76e via ethernet.
It might be easy to solve but I have very limited experience and knowledge of Linux, so I hope you guys can help me!
The problem; If one of the two (wifi or lan) is connected; it works fine, wifi internet works or the 7i76e is pinging and responding. But I can't get them to work both simultanuously.

I have the following setting for the wired connection;

The wifi setting uses these settings;

At this stage the wifi is connected(see picture below) and if the wired connection is connected, the wifi immediately disconnects.

If 'ip a' is put in the terminal I get the following response;
Please note; it is connected to the Wifi and not to the 7i76e.

When the wired connection is used; 3: wlxd037456e0573: disappears and 2: eno1 shows the right ip adress and 7i76e can be pinged.

Who can help me?
Thanks in advance!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2021 16:12 #204916 by PCW
AFAIK WICD is broken and cannot make a static IP connections along with a normal
dhcp dynamic IP address internet connection at the same time. but you might try:

1. Setting a 255.255.255.0 netmask for the 7I76E

2. Deleting the gateway address on Ethernet, you
definitely do _not_ want internet packets routed
out the Ethernet port.

These may fix the issue, if not I would dump WICD and replace it with network manager.

Another option is to edit the interfaces file as suggested in the hm2_eth manual page

More
05 Apr 2021 17:29 #204925 by Promo
Replacing WICD with network manager seems to do the trick!
Thanks for your super quick reply!

Time to create page: 0.371 seconds