O Codes in Subroutines not working - upgraded 2.7 to 2.9 wheezy

More
06 Apr 2021 13:54 #205111 by ClarkSavage
I upgraded to 2.9
tried running the same O Code subroutines by re-entering in ini and custom hal/panel [active VIA Custom_post_hal default)
issues:
if I enter the commands in the ngc VIA MDI panel they work fine
if I hit an axis custom panel button the axis moves are all over the place
if I return to the MDI and enter the same commands - they work fine
so what is different about O Codes in 2.9?
I could post my codes and panel ++++ but it just doesn't change what is happening
EG - ONE command such as G53 G0 X0 Y0 goes elsewhere in an ocode file versus MDI
EG - the command to reset the coordinate system with "G10 L2 P1 X0Y0Z0 " drives my axis to other locations as if still relative coords being used whereas it works fine in the MDI panel entry to simply remove relative coords and reset to 0-0-0 and either way I test - by hominh, moving and setting a relative coord for axes, then going to G53 G0 X0Y0Z0 and hitting th button drives the axes nuts - they move without a simple "000" reset

Anyone have an idea why I am experiencing this?

Thanks much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2021 15:06 #205126 by MaHa
If the subroutines are called by MDI_COMMAND in the [HALUI] section in ini file, maybe the order is not matching the calling command number anymore. They begin at -00

More
06 Apr 2021 15:38 #205132 by ClarkSavage
MaHa,
Thanks, but I did check everything and they begin at 00 and increment to 07. Funny, they all run, just not correctly except for my touchoff [probe] which still works. Go figure.......at least the most important one works, at least I can manually MDI the others - just wanted the button for repeatability without all the typing. I did post my stuff a year ago for others, still in that post all the files.

More
06 Apr 2021 20:50 #205184 by newbynobi
O codes are case sensitive, so if the O is upper it will not work on every situation, change all o calls to user lower case "o"

Norbert

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds