Trouble with Z-Zero for PCB making.

More
29 Jul 2021 07:51 #216194 by billykid
fixing it to the edges it will always rise in the center, I also tried with the vacuum the one in the center instead pulls it down too much .. the best solution is the milled plate and double-sided tape. I use "eurocel 50 x 25" but it is too strong and boring to remove, they told me that there are types that are less strong on purpose but I have not tried it yet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2021 06:43 #216323 by Jocman

it is too strong and boring to remove

Exactly what I mean.... I tried a "chinese" one; not really strong (I can detach it easily enough), but is so sticky.....At the end you waste more time cleaning the adesive debris than milling the PCB......

More
01 Aug 2021 14:47 #216608 by andypugh
I think that it would be a good idea to check that the Z adaption actually works.

You could do the probe, then mount a dial indicator in the spindle and jog down to a constant Z and see what the indicator says.

More
01 Aug 2021 14:49 #216610 by andypugh

I think that it would be a good idea to check that the Z adaption actually works.

You could do the probe, then mount a dial indicator in the spindle and jog down to a constant Z and see what the indicator says.

Reading back, the adaption is in the G-code as Z moves? Then run the G-code with the spindle turned off and check the dial indicator reading as it runs around the board. 

More
02 Aug 2021 06:30 #216667 by Jocman
Uhmmm, ok I'll manage to make the test

Time to create page: 1.048 seconds