linuxcnc's control of laser and galvanometer

More
27 Jul 2021 03:20 #216011 by wang
Hello everyone

I have a machine tool equipped with three servo motors which are AKD, AKD, ASDA-A like this   
They are connected via Ethercat and have successfully completed the machine tool movement with linuxcnc.

Because what I want to do is a laser machine tool, I have a laser marking solutions (E1803D) like this 
It communicates with PC through Ethernet, controls galvanometer through XY2-100, and IO controls laser

First of all, can I use linuxcnc to control the marking solutions (E1803D) and can I configure the two axes of the galvanometer into U and V axes?
Because I want to present such an effect such as: G01 X1 Y1 Z1 U0.05 V0.05 (xyz controls the servo motor through ethercat, UV controls the galvanometer through E1803 and XY2-100. And XYZ and UV can move at the same time)

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2021 04:55 #216015 by PCW
My guess is that you may be able to have the both work but not with synchronized motion because the laser marker device is not real time. You probably want a Ethercat --> XY2-100+video interface

More
27 Jul 2021 05:47 #216017 by wang
Hi

I understand what you mean, but I did not find a board with Ethercat -> xy2-100

Can you provide me with ideas how to control the galvanometer through xy2-100 through Ethernet control the marking solutions (E1803D) in linuxcnc?

More
31 Jul 2021 23:50 #216530 by andypugh
There is an XY2 module for the Mesa cards. But I think that would need to somehow bypass the ethernet stage.

The card with the ethernet port looks a lot like a Seeed clone of a Beaglebone. I wonder if there are bare XY2 pins available if you unplug it?

www.seeedstudio.com/Seeed-Studio-BeagleBone-Green.html

You could run LinuxCNC (Or machinekit) on that board...

More
01 Aug 2021 00:00 #216532 by andypugh
It looks like the BBG from Seed has no HDMI connector, so it isn't clear how you would view the desktop, but other than that running LinuxCNC or Machinekit on your Beaglebone Green and using that as the EtherCAT Master does look like an option.

More
01 Aug 2021 00:03 - 01 Aug 2021 00:05 #216535 by andypugh
A USB Monitor might be an option, but the other alternative might be to swap the BBG for a BBB with HDMI.

Though the simplest is probably a USB-Wifi dongle and using SSH to remote-desktop into the BBG Debian install. 

Last edit: 01 Aug 2021 00:05 by andypugh.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds