diode laser

More
21 May 2022 08:13 #243465 by raggielyle1@gmail.com
Please would someone help me.
I'm trying to configure the settings for a diode laser. Please refer to contents of my hal file.
The laser only comes on with M3 S160 and then goes to maximum power with S200. It turns off normally with M5
I'm trying to set the power on a scale of 1 to 1000.
I think there's an error in my hal file but for the file of me cant figure it out.
Regards
Bruce
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2022 17:01 #243487 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic diode laser
I understand your difficulty in seeing anything wrong with the HAL file. It looks right to me too.

I think that the next step is to check that the input to the pwm is correct. It is possible to configure a minimum speed for the spindle outputs in the INI.
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/config/ini-...#sec:spindle-section

Use halmeter to monitor the input to the PWM generator to see if that follows the spindle speed command as you expect.

Is it possible that the laser is not responding correctly to the PWM? Have you seen it work properly?

Another possibility is that the base thread is too slow to support 250Hz PWM. What is the INI value for [EMCMOT]BASE_PERIOD ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: raggielyle1@gmail.com

More
11 Jun 2022 06:56 #244930 by raggielyle1@gmail.com
Replied by raggielyle1@gmail.com on topic diode laser
After many hours I found the problem.
The power supply to the breakout board is supposed to be 5V. My power was faulty and was producing 8V.
After removing the faulty power supply and powering the board via usb the problem went away.
I hope this helps others out there with a similar problem.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds