mesa card

More
23 May 2022 12:35 - 23 May 2022 12:35 #243609 by Ondrej
mesa card was created by Ondrej
Hello,

after problems with external PCI-e lpt port I decided to use old computer. But it has latency of 300k and is I think it will be useless. I tryied it on my machine which has just steppers on axis. Its not finished yet. Actually I have 2 for Y axis, 1 X, 1Z. I am using open loop steppers but I have also closed loop steppers which I ordered for future upgrade.

The future upgrade had to be mesa card. But when I saw the moving machine with recommended parameters and It moved really slowly I decided to buy mesa card sooner.

The question is - is it good way to start from the beginning with mesa? Or you would recommend stay with bad LPT control and after some time buy mesa? 

Iam asking because Iam scared of making some short circuit or something like that, I dont know too much about mesa. And it would be expensive fail. I have been looking on youtube and looking on the internet for some informations about mesa, how to connect everything and what to avoid.
But I  havent found any extensive source that tells enough. Do you know some good sources where to learn more about that?

Btw. now Iam thinking about Mesa 5i25 + 7i76 and I will probably order that.

thanks for your opinions.
Last edit: 23 May 2022 12:35 by Ondrej.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2022 12:42 #243610 by robertspark
Replied by robertspark on topic mesa card
I would always recommend just getting an ethernet card..... it's future proof then and could be connected to many PC's / thin clients / fanless boards etc etc.....

7i92 / 7i98 / 7i80 etc etc....

if you want one with integrated BOB, then 7i76e / 7i96 / 7i95 etc....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds