Beginner question

More
28 May 2023 20:57 #272369 by Sverabak41
Beginner question was created by Sverabak41
Why does Linux show that the origin starts all the way to the right of the bed? I don’t have experience with fixing this but I want to try to understand what is causing it. Everything has been normal up until today when I opened the program and it shows this incorrect info now. 
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2023 02:16 #272387 by scotth
Replied by scotth on topic Beginner question
Look at G54 offsets. Set to zero and see if that helps

More
31 May 2023 04:14 #272539 by Sverabak41
Replied by Sverabak41 on topic Beginner question
Thank you very much for the suggestion. This is a shared CNC in a communal shop, and I’ve had no luck in contacting the person who set up the machine. Unfortunately I don’t know how to set G54 offsets to zero (or anything of that nature). Is it possible to be walked through how to do this in Linux, or it’s not so simple and requires coding?

More
31 May 2023 10:44 #272545 by JPL
Replied by JPL on topic Beginner question
To set g54 offsets to 0 do the following commands in the MDI window, in the same order:

CAUTION: The milling will move to machine coordinate 0,0,0 after the first line is entered.

G53 G0 X0 Y0 Z0
G92.1
G54
G10 L2 P1 X0 Y0 Z0
G49

More
08 Jun 2023 10:36 #273156 by dens_yo
Replied by dens_yo on topic Beginner question
Usually before you start using your machine it must be homed. In that way your machine will know the position of your spindle. After homing you need to use either g54 to g59 as your part coordinate system. So you need to position your spindle to your part so that it matches to the origin of your design. Disregard the visualizer, just focus on the actual spindle and part, then approximate the position of the origin base on your design. This is your touch off position. If you are not familiar with that linuxcnc macro buttons and decided to use G54, in the MDI window G10 L20 P1 X0 Y0 Z0. After this type G54, since it is a modal type it will be use throughout the job unless you replace it with other working coordinate system.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds