using Diamond Drag bit for first time

More
01 Apr 2024 18:23 #297392 by eeyore124
I have the spindle speed set to zero.  I have not made any changes to the post processor (I use VCarve Pro).  When I run the tool path, the spindle moves to the correct position and then just sits there.  Like it's waiting for something. (Sprindle to spin up.....).  No errors.

I've read that some people need to remove M3 commands from Post Processor.  I will look into that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2024 00:26 #297406 by eeyore124
I got it working. I created a separate post processor, "LinuxCNC Drag inches" and removed M3 from it. The drag tool is very long, I was running into Z out of bounds. The default for Z clearance (Z1) was 4 in and the Z Home was 4in. I changed these to 1.5in. 4in seems to be the default setting..

More
02 Apr 2024 04:31 #297416 by peskyjackrabbit
In VCarve Pro, open the Toolpaths tab and select the appropriate post processor for your CNC machine. Review the post processor settings to ensure that they are configured correctly for your machine's spindle control.
As you mentioned, some CNC machines require the removal of M3 commands from the post processor. This command is typically used to start the spindle rotation. If your machine does not require an explicit M3 command, removing it from the post processor may resolve the issue.
Before running the toolpath on your CNC machine, you can use VCarve Pro's simulation feature to preview the toolpath movement. This can help you identify any issues with the generated G-code before sending it to the machine.
Ensure that your CNC machine is configured correctly to receive spindle control commands from the G-code generated by VCarve Pro. Check the machine's manual or consult with the manufacturer for guidance on spindle control settings. scratch geometry dash
Even though you have set the spindle speed to zero, it's possible that the post processor is still generating commands that expect the spindle to be running. Double-check the spindle speed setting in VCarve Pro to ensure that it is set correctly for your machine.
If you continue to experience issues, consider reaching out to the support team for VCarve Pro or your CNC machine manufacturer for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional guidance or troubleshooting steps specific to your setup.

More
05 Apr 2024 09:52 #297633 by tommylight
Spam removed.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds