LinuxCNC PlasmaC post processor Problem

More
10 Apr 2024 19:42 #297951 by acourtjester
Something odd popped up today, tried to create a new G-code for 2 small parts.  And I got an error from SheetCam when using the LinuxCNC plasmaC post processor, see attached screen shot.  I used it yesterday without a problem but today no go.  If I switch to LinuxCNC THC it will create a g-code fine.  From what I have been told when using QTPlasmaC you need to use PlasmaC.  I have reached out to SheetCam, no rely yet.
I am using version 7.1.35 development TNG,  I did try a install but nothing changed, it acted like they are using cloud storage as the reinstall is a direct copy of what was on my disc.  It pulled in the same .JOB file and error even after uninstalling SheetCam from my PC ????
Do not understand the "Operational round tool" comment in the error message, clearly a Plasma tool.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2024 20:42 #297958 by rodw
It would be best to follow up with Sheetcam as its really out of scope of linuxcnc.
It does give you the line number the error is on so I would have a look there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: acourtjester

More
10 Apr 2024 23:34 #297973 by acourtjester
I did send the screen shot to SheetCam no reply yet.
I did look at the post processor and saw this at the bottom of the edit screen.  Why there is anything about a round tool in a plasma post processor.

Attachments:

More
11 Apr 2024 02:05 #297979 by acourtjester
Ok I uninstalled and reinstall SheetCam and it seems to be working fine again. I looked at the Post Processor and there are many more line pass the above post screen shot. Maybe the post processor got corrupted some how.

Time to create page: 1.147 seconds