Robot Position Record and Playback

More
14 Apr 2024 17:27 #298238 by Project_Hopeless
I have many questions.  ANy feedback would be appricated.

1) I see Linux CNC mills equipped with jog wheel pendents or and similar interfaces. Is there a relatively simple game-pad interface to move a machine, in my case it will be a 5-DOF 3D printed robot.

2) Then, I understand there is a way to record positions for future playback. Is there an implementation I could reference?  Any links?  If I can get that far I could write interpreter code to translate between G-code and a pseudo robot language/syntax.

3) Currently I have the Axis GUI running with VisMach in sim mode.  Is there a better UI interface to use for a project like this?

4) Has any of this been done before that I can reference? My Google-fu is letting me down.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Apr 2024 17:47 #298240 by cakeslob

More
14 Apr 2024 18:14 #298244 by Project_Hopeless
I did stumble across that utility. It only seems to only record XYZ. I'll need the abc also. And the Teach-In function doesn't seem to include abc.

"line format: line-no X Y Z flood mist lube spindle"

I'll have to look more closely at the logger, maybe it is pulling position data with some other method.

More
15 Apr 2024 01:05 #298264 by Project_Hopeless
Well I found my own answer on the gamepad.

joypad with halui and hal_input

Actually looks not too difficult.

More
15 Apr 2024 09:17 #298277 by Aciera

I did stumble across that utility. It only seems to only record XYZ. I'll need the abc also. And the Teach-In function doesn't seem to include abc.

The logger creates the axes checkboxes dynamically according to what axes have been configured. So if you have xyzabc axes configured it will give you the option to record them.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds