Automatic Tool Changer Questions

More
03 May 2011 21:35 #9574 by zarthcode
I was looking around on the sourceforge side, and noticed that there are a couple of ATC-related bugs/requests open. Personally, I'd like to be able to enter in a new Z-Height/Tool-offset while inserting a tool during a manual tool change, at minimum. Ideally, I'd like to be able to jog and touch-off as well.

Also, I'd love to implement subroutines in place of M6 to create a fully customizable toolchanger (rack, carousel, etc). It appears than I can already output tool information using HAL pins, it would be nice to be able to define .ngc files that contain routines to perform the actual swap. (Taking it even further, it would be *really* nice if I could automatically perform z-height measurements on tools as a subroutine).

Has there been a lot of discussion on these items? I'd love to join the sourceforge project and pitch-in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2011 22:54 #9577 by BigJohnT
The simplest way is just break your program up into sections for each tool required. I know this is not ideal but future versions of EMC might have that option.

John

More
11 May 2011 16:25 - 11 May 2011 16:25 #9723 by andypugh
zarthcode wrote:

Also, I'd love to implement subroutines in place of M6 to create a fully customizable toolchanger (rack, carousel, etc). It appears than I can already output tool information using HAL pins, it would be nice to be able to define .ngc files that contain routines to perform the actual swap.

I believe that this is currently available in the 2.6 development branch.
Last edit: 11 May 2011 16:25 by andypugh.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds