question re. estop logic - (pncconf output)

More
02 Aug 2011 00:00 #12110 by doug6949
One thing you should be aware of is that all these estop monitors require 24V (or higher) logic voltage. I've never seen one that works with 5V logic.

The output relays are redundant mechanical and generally good for 5A at 230V.

Doug

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2011 01:21 #12113 by 1:1
doug6949 wrote:

One thing you should be aware of is that all these estop monitors require 24V (or higher) logic voltage. I've never seen one that works with 5V logic.

The output relays are redundant mechanical and generally good for 5A at 230V.

Doug

Now that you say that I think the loops at work were actually 24v - at least on one show. There was a 12v rail too for powering some bits and bobs ...

More
02 Aug 2011 13:48 #12127 by doug6949
1:1 wrote:
Now that you say that I think the loops at work were actually 24v - at least on one show. There was a 12v rail too for powering some bits and bobs ...[/quote]

Nearly all industrial machinery uses 24V control voltage. A rare few ( some Monarch VMC's and some Italian machines ) use 12V for some circuits. Haas uses 5V in the control panel (IIRC).

5V is generally only used for differential encoders. Many newer machines are getting away from this as well by using 24V push-pull encoders.

That's a good plug for using Mesa daughter cards when doing a commercial retrofit. Most of the hobby stuff is still fixated on 5V.

Doug

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds