Mesa europe

More
02 Mar 2013 01:59 #30729 by Graydog
Mesa europe was created by Graydog
A note of thanks for a speedy delivery to Martin at www.duzi.cz.
cards for an interact retorfit ordered begining of the week, arrived today.......

Not used this type of card before, but looks interesting.

TBF Ive had a Montec100 running since the mid '00 which started of on EMC, before running on to EMC2.

will make a post how the refit goes else where on this board. Now need to find a fanuc to AB interface cct.

Thanks to Duzi

respects
G

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2013 07:19 #30748 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Mesa europe

will make a post how the refit goes else where on this board. Now need to find a fanuc to AB interface cct.

Which Fanuc? If you mean the 4-bit gray-code, the HAL bldc component can do it.

More
03 Mar 2013 18:46 #30790 by Graydog
Replied by Graydog on topic Mesa europe
Hi Andy,

They are later '80s so could be sine/cos wave outputs, still yet to look at them.
must look at all the updats in EMC, the little boxford is on a version atleast 5yrs load that run the mill till two years ago.
My Mill which was origainly on EMC, is now on a version 2yrs old.
We have had some great work of them, much of our solarcar which came 3rd in the FIA Sasol South African solar challenge '12 was made with using EMC2 driven machines.

The plan is to install the cards in a pc at home, pop the set-up on my current standard brigdport to test. then move either the Montec or the Mase setup over to the Interact. The interact is more of a cnc than the other bridgport, with auto changing and speed etc. It also has a joystick/ pendulum (no hand wheels), so whilst it cna just be driven off the keyboard, it will be useful to get that working.

thanks
Graham

More
26 Mar 2013 21:08 #31920 by Graydog
Replied by Graydog on topic Mesa europe
been playing to much on my lathe to get eh interact up, then held off to get an atom 525 (50quid off ebay with 2gb mem fitted) which arrived today, solild state drive in have work starts tonight on installation with building the base pc and driver..... blog to follow

I'm prob going to fit it to my current working Bridgeport as a working reference and it is at the house, the intercat is some 17miles away.....

cheers
G

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds