PnC Config error with 5i25 an 7i77

More
05 Feb 2014 14:16 #43568 by svsalt
I have a 5i25 and 7i77 that were bought as a kit, they are connected with the supplied cable and I have 4 yellow leds and 1 red led showing on the daughter card, so I think it is powered up correctly. (although I don't think that this would have any bearing on pnc config)

I am getting the attached error when trying to run the pnc conf wizard. I have a fresh download and install of linux as found on this site. The strange thing is after getting this error and reinstalling linux without updating anything pnc conf works fine. After running update manager and doing the default updates which updates linuxcnc and ubuntu I get the error again.

I used the script to create the 5i25 directory and copy the files. The permissions are ok as it worked before running update manager.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with linux or linuxcnc, however I do have a little programming experience. I have searched the forum and it seems that there have been some almost identical cases before me but no solutions from what I can find.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Sam

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2014 16:09 #43571 by cmorley
Yes this is a known and fixed error. The fix has not been released yet.
Sorry for the trouble.

Chris M

More
05 Feb 2014 16:15 #43573 by svsalt
Thanks Chris

I will get on with something else and leave this until the update is released.

Cheers

More
14 Mar 2014 07:18 #44787 by cmorley
This will be in the 2.5.4 release or is available from 2.5.x bulidbot now

Chris M

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.384 seconds