Cannot select Mesa card in PnCConf?

More
25 Feb 2014 06:23 #44156 by DaBit
I am sure the answer is here somewhere, but i could not find it.

I received my 5i25+7i76 combo today, and tonight I started building a new PC for LinuxCNC from some stuff I had lying around.
Mainboard is an Asus P8Z77, processor a Celeron G550. Due to the newish hardware I decided to install Ubuntu 12.04 with the 3.4 RTAI kernel as decribed in the wiki, linuxCNC the master from buildbot.
This works, and latency is less than 6us. Very nice.

Next I installed the Mesa 5i25, connected the 7i76, installed the 5i25 xml files as instructed in this topic, and fired up PnCConf.

This doesn't work somehow; I cannot select the Mesa card, the box is grayed out:

The Mesa card is there though, and recognised:

I checked file permissions on the xml files in /lib/firmware/hm2, and they are OK (owned by root, readable for everyone).
Starting PnCConf as root does not solve the problem.

What's next? How do I solve this?
I can build the HAL file from scratch (have to modify it anyway), but a sample to use as a reference would be nice and no 5i25+7i76 sample is included in the sample configs. Does anyone have a sample 5i25+7i76 HAL file for me to use as a framework?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2014 07:24 #44159 by cmorley
the files should be in /lib/firmware/hm2/5i25

is that where they are?

Chris M

More
25 Feb 2014 07:38 #44160 by cmorley
Actually even if you don;t have XML files it should have used sample files...
Not sure what is going on...

Chris M

More
25 Feb 2014 16:56 #44169 by DaBit
I had the XML files both in /lib/firmware/hm2 and /lib/firmware/hm2/5i25 (but not at the same time). The 5i25 UPDATE script copies the files in /lib/firmware/hm2 while your instructions say /lib/firmware/hm2/5i25. Doesn't make a difference.

It seems to have something to do with the master-rt. A GIT pull/build (git clone git://git.linuxcnc.org/git/linuxcnc.git) seems to work:

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds